Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hello World!

Ah, a new year and new, exciting projects!

Santa must have been remiss in his list checking this year because I got a sewing machine for Christmas despite my naughty behavior. That lovely little lady and I are going to make beautiful clothing together. I've made a draw string knitting bag and a circular needle case but not much else just yet.

I've just started the school term again, so I haven't had too much time to spend trying out my new ride, but once things settle down I'll be posting (weekly I hope) about my various adventures in sewing. Luckily I have two wonderful nieces to dress up, so there's no lack of projects.

Knitting-wise I'm trying out a new sock technique with two circular needles, rather than the traditional dpn's and so far it's going very well. I'm not at the heel yet so I won't call it a success prematurely but it's proved very quick and easy up until this point.

I'm knitting a 6 yr sized cotton topper, from the Natural Babies book by Rowan for my little cousin too, and while it's easy, it's still fun 'cause I love working with Berocco Touche.

I can't wait to post about my first completed project of the new year!

Happy crafting, what ever your fiber fetish is!

-RTrook

No comments:

Post a Comment